Your browser does not support JavaScript!

Preparation For Life

Preparation For Life

It has been fun this week attending all the sub-state basketball action in Southeast Kansas.  What a crazy week for our coaches, athletes, and fans!  The competition on the court has been fierce.  We’ve had lots of close games and even a couple buzzer beaters...and there are still two more nights to go!

The tough thing about sub-state is seeing the end come for teams that have worked hard throughout the season.  Losing is just a part of the process of getting to a state championship, and we all know only one team will finish in each division with that trophy.  So, with that loss that end’s the season…. comes sorrow and disappointment.  Maybe it’s a senior’s last game...or the last chance to play with a lifelong friend.  It’s just tough to see a season end.  It’s a lesson and an experience many of us have gone through.

As these athletes move into adulthood, they will find that life will also hand them disappointments and losses.  Just like the challenges and ups and downs they have faced in this long season, they will face real life challenges and ups and downs all throughout life.  I believe being on a team and coming face-to-face with all the circumstances that athletes face prepares them for life.  Athletics is a great teacher of many things.

I’m excited that we have so many FCA huddles and Christian coaches in Southeast Kansas.  I’m proud of the job these coaches do, not only leading their teams but also in modeling for their student athletes why knowing Jesus Christ is so important.  These coaches are not only preparing their teams for competition, they are preparing their athletes for life...preparing them to face life with Jesus in control!

The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and mind through Jesus Christ. Philippians 4:7


Humboldt High School girls basketball coach Aubrey Jones prays with her team before sub-state action this week.


27 comments (Add your own)

1. wrote:
I couldn't refrain from commenting. Well written!

Sun, May 5, 2019 @ 2:10 AM

2. wrote:
Great goods from you, man. I've understand your
stuff previous to and you're just extremely excellent. I really like what you have
acquired here, really like what you are stating and the
way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it
smart. I can't wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous site.

Tue, May 7, 2019 @ 12:11 AM

3. wrote:
I like the valuable info you provide in your articles. I
will bookmark your blog and take a look at once more here regularly.
I am fairly certain I will be told a lot of new stuff right right here!
Best of luck for the next!

Thu, May 16, 2019 @ 6:31 PM

4. wrote:
Greetings! Very helpful advice within this article!
It is the little changes that will make the most significant changes.
Many thanks for sharing!

Tue, May 28, 2019 @ 9:55 PM

5. wrote:
Heya i'm for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It really helpful &
it helped me out much. I am hoping to provide one thing
again and help others like you aided me.

Tue, June 4, 2019 @ 8:09 PM

6. wrote:
Oh my goodness! Impressive article dude! Thanks, However I am having problems with your RSS.
I don't understand the reason why I am unable to join it.
Is there anybody else getting the same RSS problems?
Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond?
Thanks!!

Fri, June 7, 2019 @ 7:21 AM

7. wrote:
Hi, I want to subscribe for this webpage to get latest updates, so where
can i do it please help out.

Sat, June 8, 2019 @ 9:19 PM

8. wrote:
Great delivery. Solid arguments. Keep up the great spirit.

Thu, June 20, 2019 @ 2:59 AM

9. wrote:
What's up to all, because I am in fact keen of reading this blog's post to be updated regularly.
It contains fastidious stuff.

Fri, June 21, 2019 @ 11:51 PM

10. wrote:
When some one searches for his essential thing, so he/she needs to be
available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

Tue, July 23, 2019 @ 8:36 PM

11. wrote:
Thankfulness to my father who stated to me on the
topic of this webpage, this webpage is in fact awesome.

Sat, September 7, 2019 @ 11:35 AM

12. wrote:
Hi there, everything is going sound here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that's really fine, keep
up writing.

Mon, September 23, 2019 @ 7:21 PM

13. wrote:
Hello friends, how is everything, and what you would like to say concerning this post, in my view its
really awesome in support of me.

Wed, September 25, 2019 @ 7:43 AM

14. wrote:
I like what you guys tend to be up too. This type of clever work and coverage!
Keep up the terrific works guys I've added you
guys to blogroll.

Thu, October 3, 2019 @ 5:28 PM

15. wrote:
Good way of describing, and nice piece of writing to obtain data concerning my presentation topic, which i am going to
convey in institution of higher education.

Thu, October 17, 2019 @ 2:32 PM

16. wrote:
It's very easy to find out any topic on net as compared to textbooks, as I
found this piece of writing at this web site.

Tue, October 29, 2019 @ 3:56 AM

17. wrote:
Incredible! This blog looks exactly like my old
one! It's on a totally different subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Outstanding choice
of colors!

Mon, November 4, 2019 @ 4:05 PM

18. wrote:
I've been surfing online more than 2 hours today,
yet I never found any interesting article like yours.
It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will
be a lot more useful than ever before.

Mon, November 11, 2019 @ 9:04 PM

19. wrote:
Hello, every time i used to check weblog posts here
early in the morning, as i like to gain knowledge of more
and more.

Fri, November 15, 2019 @ 3:53 AM

20. wrote:
When some one searches for his required thing, therefore he/she needs to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained
over here.

Tue, November 19, 2019 @ 11:23 PM

21. wrote:
Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your weblog and in accession capital to assert that I get actually enjoyed account your blog posts.

Any way I will be subscribing to your feeds and even I achievement
you access consistently fast.

Sun, December 1, 2019 @ 8:54 PM

22. wrote:
I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme.
Did you make this website yourself or did you hire someone to
do it for you? Plz answer back as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like to
find out where u got this from. many thanks

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 6:59 AM

23. wrote:
Great web site you've got here.. It's hard to find good quality
writing like yours nowadays. I truly appreciate individuals like you!
Take care!!

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 9:55 AM

24. wrote:
An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a coworker
who was conducting a little homework on this. And he in fact ordered me lunch because I found it
for him... lol. So allow me to reword this....

Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to
talk about this matter here on your web site.

Fri, December 6, 2019 @ 12:49 PM

25. wrote:
Good day! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?
I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on. Any tips?

Sat, December 7, 2019 @ 7:31 PM

26. wrote:
Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one!
It's on a totally different subject but it has
pretty much the same layout and design. Great choice of colors!

Tue, December 10, 2019 @ 9:38 PM

27. wrote:
I all the time used to study article in news papers but
now as I am a user of web therefore from now I am using net for content, thanks
to web.

Wed, December 11, 2019 @ 1:38 PM

Add a New Comment


code
 

Comment Guidelines: No HTML is allowed. Off-topic or inappropriate comments will be edited or deleted. Thanks.